JOB VACANCIES FOR VARIOUS POSITIONS
- Job Title: IT Engineer – Supervisor
Brief Description: Information Technology Engineer leads in the planning, acquisition, implementation and operation of information technology facilities in achieving the Company’s business objectives. The Information Technology Engineer is responsible for the effective design, development, implementation and operation of information technology products, services and support.
- Managing the unit’s resources, including drafting and executing its budget, developing the Company’s IT structures;
- Research and make recommendations on hardware and software purchases and negotiate with vendors to ensure cost-effective purchasing decisions;
- Provides vision, planning and coordination of all software development and/or implementation activities. Establishes standards in software development and integration;
- Manage Software Quality Assurance striving to achieve a high level of quality and independent verification of software reliability;
- Promote the use of innovative technologies that will provide benefits to the Company.
- Lead in the introduction of new technologies in mobile devices, web 2.0 and social media.
- Leads in the design, specification, configuration, installation, and maintenance of local area network hardware, software, telecommunications services and Internet service providers.
- Implements an enterprise-wide information security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Establish and maintain a disaster recovery plan.
- Monitor the system health/availability.
Qualifications and requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in IT or computer-related field.
- A minimum of (4) four years’ experience in related field.
- Must be attentive, logical and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Ability to monitor or assess one’s performance and make corrective action.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, dependable and fulfilling obligations.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to consider team spirit.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being respectful with others on the job and displaying a good-natured and cooperative attitude.
- Job Title: IT Assistant
Job Description: Keep the entire network running on-site, protect corporate data, computer and its devices from virus attacks. Also maintains and safeguard the whole internet system and its equipment.
- Maintaining, setting up and managing the network equipment to ensure the smooth running of the entire network on-site.
- Maintain and manage the server and backup relevant data periodically.
- Maintain and manage telephone networks and multi-media information system devices.
- Maintain and manage all ancillary equipment such as PCs, printer, and duplicating machine; and assist to control consumables such as ink box and toner cartridges etc.
- Effectively communicate with ISPs/network companies and software developers to ensure normal network lines and continuously upgrade software.
- Text and support network, projection, photography and speaker of large-scale conferences.
- Accomplish other tasks as indicted by the line manager.
- Degree in IT and relevant fields
- Good working knowledge on networking.
- At least 2 years’ experience in IT industry
- The ability to think independently and work with others.
- Job Title: Driver
Skill and Required Description
License: Valid driving license
Company approval: Must pass driving test conducted by the Departmental Manager.
Skills: Must be able to speak, read and write English.
- Responsible for the assigned vehicle, materials listed in the log book and travel manifest.
- Ensure that all the passengers must fasten their seatbelts whilst on board including managers as well.
- Make sure that all vehicle documents are up to date and available for inspection by authority.
- Notify your supervisor to renew vehicle documents one month prior to letting it expire. Such documents are insurance, road tax and service dates.
- Fill in the vehicle log books when using the vehicle and report all problems with the vehicle to your supervisor.
- Keep the vehicle clean and park in a safe manner or in designated parking areas.
- Compliance to company policies
- Transport only the Company materials/goods; you can only take Kingho Mining employees and/or consultants. No other passengers are allowed only if authorized by your manager or supervisor.
- Never take passengers in the back of the pick-up
- You cannot take the car without prior approval of your supervisor.
- You have to drive in a secure manner and respect the national road safety laws.
Qualifications and requirements
- Must have a minimum of 5 years working experience in mining operation.
- Knowledge of basic mechanical & electrical parts is preferred.
- Must have an up-to-date driver’s license.
- Job Title: Electrician- (Low Voltage)
- Ensure the maintenance of low-voltage circuit, firefighting-controlling equipment, surveillance center, multi-media equipment, audio equipment in meeting room, office and canteen.
- Maintain and manage the firefighting system and lighting system.
- Repair promptly devices such as audio equipment, surveillance equipment etc in case of damage.
- Work out and carry out optimal solution to any default about low voltage-related devices in order to make sure the whole system work properly.
- Perform any other tasks given by the line manager.
- 3 years’ experience in the field of low voltage electricity;
- Be knowledgeable in wireless principle, electronic circuit etc.
- Be energetic and ready to learn and have strong self-discipline.
- Diploma/ Certificate in electricity-related majors is preferred
- Job Title: Warehouse Keeper
- Prepare and complete orders for delivery or pickup according to schedule (load, pack, label, ship).
- Receive and process warehouse stock products.
- Be able to perform inventory controls and maintain high quality standards for inspection
- Keep a clean and safe working environment and optimize space utilization;
- Report any discrepancies;
- Follow quality service standards and comply with procedure, rules and regulation of storage of items.
- Must have a diploma in logistics and related fields
- Must have a minimum of 2 years related work experience.
- Must be knowledgeable in using Microsoft packages.
- Be Familiar with modern warehousing practices and methods;
- Good working experience as a warehouse keeper is preferred;
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Job Title: Cleaner
- Responsible for all basic cleaning in and around residence or office buildings;
- Clean floors and room, including dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, picking up large objects off the floor, and clean glass and windows
- Monitor and maintain sanitation and organization of assigned areas;
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure optimal service to guest;
- Refilling supplies, such as toiletries.
- Perform additional duties as needed;
- Excellent communication skills in English;
- Positive attitude and ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to use a variety of cleaning products and equipment.
- Able to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision.
- Good experience in a similar role.
- Available to work in the mornings and evenings as needed..
- Female candidates under the age of 35 are highly preferred.
- Job Title: Medical and Infection Disease Control Specialist
- Prevent, investigate and monitor the spread of infectious diseases across a wide range of environments.
- Provide health services, such as monitoring blood pressure and providing first aid.
- Spraying disinfectant daily in and around office, canteen and dormitory areas; and record the body temperature of every person inside the camp; in case of emergencies immediately take measures to reduce impact.
- Have the latest knowledge and understanding of infectious disease and control practices.
- Able to develop and implement proactive strategies to reduce the spread of infections.
- Perform a reactive role by responding appropriately to an outbreak of infection.
- Engage with policy makers on matters related to infection control policy and training.
- Bachelor degree in public health, infectious disease control and prevention or related field
- 2 years’ experience in similar role is highly preferred.
- Job Title: Camp Assistant
- Assist site manager to perform any specified duty.
- Monitor laborers, building material and equipment, and curb unnecessary expenses.
- Report any concerns that may negatively impact project cost and time estimates.
- Ensure safety regulations are followed in construction sites.
- Ability to write clearly and help with word processing where necessary;
- Warm personality with strong communication skills
- Ability to work well under limited supervision
- Two (2) years’ experience in mining field are highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, or similar field.
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Job Title: Construction Worker
- Prepare construction sites, materials and tools.
- Remove debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites.
- Assemble and break down barricades, temporary structures and scaffolding.
- Regulate traffic and erect traffic signs.
- Load and unload materials, tools and equipment.
- Similar work experience may be beneficial.
- Willing to undertake any heavy work where necessary.
- Be healthy, strong and fit.
- Male worker under age of 35 are preferred.
- Job Title: Vehicle Mechanic
- Perform routine automotive maintenance tasks, including oil changes, tire rotation, transmission flushes, air conditioner recharges, front-end alignment, battery installation and headlight/taillight installation.
- Verify vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives, adjust controls and system.
- Repair engine failure, mechanical and electrical system malfunctions, and replace parts and components.
- Comply with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintain vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing and painting.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role is highly preferred.
- Certification from a vocational school should be presented.
- In-depth knowledge of vehicle diagnostic equipment and mechanical systems.
- Excellent communication in English and customer service skills.
- Job Title: Fuel Depot Attendant
- Familiar with the entire oil filling procedure;
- Ensure to restock supply of gas.
- Maintain clean work environment.
- Responsible for checking oil quality and oil content.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Female candidates under the age of 35 are preferred.
- Related customer service/oriented experience will be considered.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Job Title: Warehouse Keeper-Spare Parts
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders, pulling materials, packing boxes.
- Maintain safe and clean environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, work stations neat.
- Place all materials and items in good order at all times.
- Crosscheck the inventory per month and make monthly inventory report.
- Have good knowledge of FIFO method (goods kept by first in first out).
- Maintain and follow up proper goods distribution/supply chain network.
- Must have a Degree in a related field.
- Inventory maintenance, data entry and computer skills shall be required.
- 2 years previous warehouse experience is considered.
- Knowledge of proper stores and inventory management.
- Familiar with the best practice in a warehouse environment.
- Female candidates under the age of 35 are preferred.
- Job Title: Rigger/Porter
- Construct structural components from raw materials.
- Use welding equipment to fuse structural components.
- Utilize shears, power saws, cutting torches and chipper knives to cut structural components as needed.
- Replace damaged or defective structural components as required.
- Adhere to all work-site safety rules and regulations.
- Move goods or materials from one place to another place.
- Diploma in Welding or related courses.
- Be physically strong and healthy.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Exceptional welding and mechanical skills.
- Job Title: Safety Officer
- Continual inspection of project sites to ensure a hazard-free environment.
- Promote safe practices on site.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce safety guidelines and preventative programs.
- Carry out exercises on managing emergency situations.
- Respond to workers’ safety concerns.
- Manage all communications with government departments in regards of safety.
- Establish and maintain health and safety communication structures.
- Monitor all safety related documents, reports, and update them appropriately.
- Conduct test on the effectiveness of site emergency response plans.
- Must have a degree or diploma in industrial health and safety.
- Adequate knowledge on risk prevention and safety protection
- Excellent communication skills in English and time management.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role is highly preferred
- Candidates under the age of 35 are preferred.
- Job Title: Survey Assistant
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, and reports of legal descriptions on surveys.
- Verify the accuracy of survey data, including measurement and calculation conducted at survey site;
- Conduct surveys in order to establish legal boundaries based on legal documents;
- Record survey results, including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimension of land or land features.
- Calculate height, depths, relative positions and other characteristics of terrain or mining pits.
- Adjust surveying instruments in order to maintain accuracy.
- Analyze survey objectives and specification in order to prepare survey proposals.
- Be familiar with the use of recent survey equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Surveying, Geography, Statistics, and related fields.
- At least 3 years’ work experience in the survey field.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Good knowledge in AutoCAD and GIS softwares.
- Proficient in using hand surveying tools (distance measuring wheels, levels) and electronic surveying tools (transit levels, GPS equipment).
- Job Title: Sampling Worker
- Responsible for the collecting of iron ore samples according to relevant standards;
- Deliver samples to laboratory or experimental center on time for testing without delay.
- Report the variation of stripping surface to line manager, and give necessary feedback.
- Prepare serial number, record and statistics of samples, and establish sample catalogue.
- Ensure quality assurance inspection and safety training.
- Accomplish other temporary tasks given by line manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, metallurgy and relevant field.
- Applicants under the age of 35 are preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar role required.
- Be honest, hardworking, and accountable.
- Strictly compliance with management discipline and production regulations.
- Job Title: Driller
- Prepare drilling holes data sheets, designs and select drill equipment.
- Monitor the daily progress of drill holes operations, and keep track of daily costs
- Analyze drilling performance and factors affecting safety, cost and efficiency.
- Use a range of specialized technical software, analytical tools, Microsoft office suite.
- Report any breach of safety procedures to supervisors or management.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to build and maintain relationship with other people.
- Good technical understanding on geology, physics, math and chemistry.
- The ability to work under pressure
- Applicants under the age of 35 are preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar role
- Job Title: Ore Crushing Worker
- Comply with occupational health and safety requirements.
- Operate crusher equipment in accordance with instructions received from supervisor.
- Observe the crushing equipment to run without overload, and charge or discharge smoothly.
- Maintain crushing equipment on daily basis
- Take measures to repair equipment and report to the line manager in case of any malfunction.
- 2 years plus work experience in related field.
- Knowledge in the mining industry is preferred.
- Solid knowledge in ore crushing equipment in a mining environment.
- Competent in handling heavy equipment in operation
- Ability to meet schedules, safety and production targets
- Job Title: Belt Conveyor Operator
- Operate conveyor belt to move objects.
- Control speed and route of objects.
- Clean conveyor belt and remove debris.
- Adjust gate pumps, conveyor, or auxiliary equipment to fit position, speed, timing and material flow.
- Load, unload or adjust materials or products on conveyors by hand or by using lifts or hoists
- Observe conveyor operations and monitor lights and gauges in order to maintain specified operating levels and detect equipment malfunction.
- 2 years plus work experience in the related field.
- Knowledge in the mining industry preferred.
- Solid knowledge in the operation of belt conveyor in a mining environment.
- Be honest, hardworking, and have a good team work spirit.
- Strong communication skill in English.
- Job Title: Driver of Specialize Vehicle
- Drive special vehicle to deliver goods from one place to another.
- Pick up goods, materials and deliver them as instructed.
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance.
- Comply with all safe work practice, policies and processes at all times.
- Must possess a valid license in driving special vehicles.
- 3 years plus work experience.
- Previous experience in the mining industry is preferred.
- Be honest, hardworking, and good teamwork spirit.
- Clean driving record.
- Good listening and verbal communication skills in English.
- Job Title: Operator of Special Equipment
- Inspect large equipment before and after use to ensure they can work properly
- Load and unload cargo and move them to the appropriate storage area
- Follow all safety procedures while operating equipment
- Perform regular maintenance, checks and minor repairs when necessary.
- Possess certificate of operating special equipment
- Good knowledge of proper operation of special equipment and safety standards
- 3 years plus work experience in related field
- Previous experience in the mining industry preferred.
- Good teamwork spirit and strong communication skill in English.
Please forward your cover letter with CV/Resume to:
Human Resources Department:
Kingho Mining Company Limited:
97 Signal Hill Road, Wilberforce, Freetown
Or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for submission of all applications is on Friday 18th September 2020
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.